How to connect to Salto & Duve
Supported Salto Products:
- Salto Bluenet (no download required!)
- Salto ProAccess
- Salto ProAccessSpace
- To connect to Duve, find your username and password or API Key on your Pro Access under Ship Protocol Credentials. Go to System>General Options>SHIP
- The Salto Ship Server must be enabled
- Transport Protocol needs to be HTTPS
- If Authentication is Basic, then there is a username and password
- If Authentication is Custom, you can use the API Key option
- To Set up the IP/DNS to connect to Duve:
- You must add “https://”or http:// as part of the input for the IP/DNS
- Option 1:
- White-list the following Duve servers IP (22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52) has access to the Salto Pro Access server on port 8100.
- On Duve, the Salto Server IP/DNS would be entered as [YourPublicIp]:8100
- Option 2 Recommended:
- Create a port forwarding rule in your router / firewall configuration to direct traffic from port for example 9000 -> 8100 on for the specific keyserver IP
- Make sure your router has a static public IP with your ISP provider
- Discover your public IPv4 IP using the following url https://www.whatismyip.com/ or https://whatismyipaddress.com/
- On Duve the Server IP/DNS field would be entered as [YourRouterPublicIPv4]:8100
- Option 3:
- You can use https://ngrok.com for exposing the Pro Access server using https tunneling - you will need to register and setup the ngrok tunneling learn more here
- Get the address to connect the server after the setup and place that in Duve
- How to Set up NGROK Instructions or see Video: NGROK Setup for Duve Mobile Keys
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Always keep the NGROK open on your server or else the keys will not work.
- Go to Settings -> Key Providers and add Salto as a new key provider
Enter your username and password or API Key and Salto Pro Access Server’s IP/DNS.
- Turn on the switch for 'Are the Doors online?' only for Salto Bluenet
When the connection has been successful, you will see Salto added under Key Providers:
Click on the Salto connection and you will see all the synced Keys -
If you see that your guest doors are labeled as Common Doors, please write to our Support team at email@example.com and send a list of which doors are supposed to be Guest Doors.
SET UP THE KEYS
- Go to the Rooms/ Rentals page in your Duve account and go into each Room/ Rental and add Salto and thenassign each key to the corresponding Room under Key Provider.
- When the key is confirmed, the field will be green.
Done! Your guests will now be able to access their room key from their Guest App!
Limitations of the integration
- Duve does not take any access timeframes for doors in Salto, such as pool, spa or executive lounge.