As for the daily process of hotels, changing room rates are common as properties aim to optimize revenue. Duve introduces the feature: Dynamic Pricing for Room Upgrades. By integrating with advanced revenue management solutions, Duve ensures guests get real-time pricing for room upgrades, making room rate adjustments as smooth and accurate as possible.
This feature is currently supported for Opera onPrem PMS. The feature is live by default with the integration, setup of the Room Upgrade upsell in Duve is required.
The newly launched dynamic pricing in Duve sources upgrade rates live, offering guests room upgrades based on the most recent pricing, directly pulled from iDEAS through the Opera OWS. This ensures that the room upgrade prices offered in Duve are always in sync with the hotel's revenue management strategies, enhancing the chances of upselling.
Fixed Price type
Fixed and % of accommodation are the same options as for now, which will be set as per the price that you set. Duve will calculate and show the prices according to what you set and decided in the room upgrade setup.
New! Dynamic - When you select 'Dynamic' you can choose between the 2 options
- Original reservation ➝ will present the upgrade based on the time that the guest ordered the room originally if it's cheaper it will be based on that(Israel)
Scenario: For example, if a guest booked on March a room and I want to upgrade the room today(September/august), the price will be according to the price in March(usually lower)
The fallback will show the price that you chose in case there is an error or a null field while pulling the rate from the software
- Current price ➝ Will match the current price of the hotel as they wish for the moment and month that the guest wants to upgrade. For example, if a guest booked a room in March and they want to upgrade the room today (September/August), the price will be according to the current prices at the hotel.
This price type will be affected by the rate plans you set in 'Ideas'. The dynamic prices that you set in the Ideas account which integrate into Opera will have live sync presented to guests. You will need to fill in the rate codes you have from Opera in order for the fields to match and the prices to be synced
How to Set It Up:
- Start by establishing a connection to the Availability service in Opera OWS. This allows Duve to pull the rate codes from Opera, as set in IDEAS.
- Setting the Priority Price List: As multiple rate codes exist for a single room type in Opera OWS, you can select the rate code for the given moment you want to present in IDEAS and it will be updated live in Opera and Duve
Enabling Dynamic Pricing:
- Go to: Upsells > Add new > Room Upgrade > Default Pricing.
- Switch on the new toggle button labeled 'Check live pricing from [PMS Name]'. For now, this integrates with Opera on-prem.
- You'll notice a table next to "Upgrade Price". Here, you can assign dynamic price rates to various room types, all fetched from Opera’s rate type codes.
- Price Calculation: The "Fallback Price" is the price that will be present in case there is an error with pulling the live rate code or in case this field is empty in the software. The rate code column needs to contain the code from Opera in order for the live sync to happen.
- Real-time Pricing: Every time guests access features like the guest app or online check-in, the upgrade price recalculates, reflecting any rate changes. Even mailers with room upgrade options will pull the latest prices, ensuring consistent real-time pricing across all guest touchpoints. In case of a change, while the guest is on the billing section of the guest app, Duve will always present the most recent updated price in order to be accurate and transparent both for the host and the guests. If the guest sees a different price in any communication sent out from the host, there will be a little pop-up updating about the change of the price and the guest will be able to confirm in order to proceed.