In this article, we will go over the benefit of the Smart Early Check-in for your guests' experience and cover the following topics:
How to Set it Up?
To set up the early check-in upsell, go to the Settings page > Check-in tab, and scroll to the Check-in options box. Click on Smart early check-in “+Add new”
Early check-ins may be the most appreciated upsells you can offer your guests. The standard check-in hours are often inconvenient for guests as they are not coordinated with flight arrivals and departures.
- Getting early access to the room and avoiding a pointless wait can truly upgrade your guests’ experience.
- These offers will also allow you, the host, to cash in on new opportunities as these offerings do not necessarily require ANY extra work.
Here, you can fill in the title of the Smart Early check-in with a short description as we added for example, for your guests to see the opportunity.
These advantages include a potential boost in revenue thanks to the ability to integrate the upsell throughout the online check-in process.
Below, you can choose one of these 2 options:
- Instant booking is when you set your system to be ready for the guests to book the room straight away, without your approval.
- Require approval will be the option that you need to confirm manually the guest booking, you will be able to approve based on your room.
Time frames & Prices
In this field, you must choose the days you want the Smart Early check-in option to be available.
For example: if you remove Saturday or any other day, the guests won't be able to see the option on that day. In addition, you can limit also the hours per day and make the possibility for specific hours, which means smart early check-in from 08:00-11:00 will cost 100$, and another row with another filter as - 11:00-14:00 which will cost 80$ for example.
- Important Note: The days of the week are not dynamic and we can not block specific dates of each month for the Smart Early Check-in upsell availability.
Set the Currency for the Upsell in this section and select the payment options:
- Payment by Cash/ Add to Hotel Bill (for hotels only)
- Payment by Credit Card
- Payment by Credit Card is only possible if a payment provider is connected
The availability category is another option that you can limit if you want to have any limitations about the upsell, or if you want to enable it permanently.
You can choose to enable discounts for the guests who will book their early check-in through Duve.
You can set how much discount the guest will receive, depending on how many days before the check-in the service will be booked.
Last Minute upsell (Optional)
- Send a message to your guests to promote last minute availability of Early Check-in!
As you can see, there is an option to choose what time before the check-in date the message should be sent. Under "Add condition" there are options to filter your upsell, by adults, arrival by, booking source, etc. In case of no conditions, the message will be sent to ALL guests.
Furthermore, you will be able to choose the message method you want to send to your guests- SMS, WhatsApp, or Duve chat (Email).
Advanced options (Optional)
Under the advanced options, you can add any emails that you want to receive orders. You can make sure that the reception email will always receive the emails as well.
The Billing Identifier field must be used according to your upsell/service setup in your PMS (Optima, Beds24). The name under the Billing identifier will need to exactly match the name or ID of your PMS upsell.
The Guest Experience
If the guest selects an ETA within the time frames set of the Early Check-in upsell, they will be shown only the Early Check-in option.