Tasks – List & Calendar View
View and manage all your upcoming reservations, check-ins and check-outs, and cleaning tasks.
How to Set it Up?
View the main agenda of the tasks for this week, or click the arrow to view a future week. To see more details of the tasks of the day, select the day you would like to view and all tasks will be listed below.
Switch between types of tasks (Arrivals, Departures, Clean, Other Tasks, All Tasks) by clicking on the tabs.
You can also select a date range to view the tasks for the selected range.
This page can be filtered by Company Tasks or My Tasks. To view My Tasks, which are the tasks that are assigned to your user, select My Tasks from the dropdown menu of Company Tasks.
To view the menu of options for Tasks, click on the 3 dots.
To add a new reservation manually, click “New Reservation” and a new popup window will appear, where you will then add the reservation details. After you enter the necessary details, click “Create” to save the reservation.
To add a new task, click "New Task". This new task will be added to General Tasks.
To export a file with all the guests’ information filtered by subject in an Excel or CSV file, click "Export".
To hide all completed tasks from the list view, select ‘Hide Completed’ to filter the page. To show the tasks again in the view, select "Show Completed".
Types of Tasks
Each type of task has columns that show the details relating to a task. The columns can be selected to be viewed or hidden to create a customized view.
To have the column shown, select the checkbox, to hide it, simply deselect the checkbox. There are many options, so you can select the ones relevant to you. You can change this at anytime by clicking on the icon of 3 bars, and the dropdown menu with the options will appear.
In this section, you will see all the scheduled arrivals for the selected date.
The fields that can be added are organized by columns (from left to right). Fields marked with a '*' are unique to the Arrivals section:
- Check Mark – The check icon in the dotted circle will be grey until a user marks an arrival as completed, then it show as green.
- Room/Rental – The room/rental name is listed here. The name will be in orange text if there is a back to back reservation, meaning a checkout and then a check in on the same day.
- Guest name – the guest name on the reservation which is arriving. To see the reservation details, click on the name.
- *Greeter – The assign icon will be in grey if no user has been assigned yet to be the greeter for the reservation. Once assigned, the user will be listed.
- *Pre Check-in –
- If the check-in process is complete, a green ‘Done’ sticker will show.
- If the check-in is partially completed, it will show as ‘Partially’.
- If the pre check-in has not been started, it will show the amount of reminder emails sent. If the reservation is missing the guest email or an invalid email address is listed, it will show ‘Invalid email’. If the room/rental is missing the street name, it will show 'Missing street'.
- *ETA – When the guest selects an estimated check-in time on the pre check-in wizard, that selected time will show.
- *Arrival by – The arrival method selected on the Pre check-in wizard.
- *Check-In Method – When the guest selects a method of check-in on the pre check-in wizard, that check-in option.
- A/C/B – The number of adults/children/babies listed on the reservation
- Last check-out – The date and the time the last guest checked out of the room/rental
- Next check-in – The date and the time for the next check on the Room/ Rental
- Source – Booking Source
- Shield icon –Certification of security deposit. The icon will be gold when it is 3D secure.
- *Dollar sign icon – Shows the guest billing. It will be green if guest has completed payment for stay via Pre Check-in.
- *Key icon – Used to show status of mobile keys. When key is grey, mobile keys are not supported. When key is partially green, it has not yet been used. When key is fully green, it has been used (usage can be seen in the Reservation Logs).
- *only viewed when there is a Key Provider connected
- *Credit card icon – Will be green if credit card was scanned and uploaded.
- Note: only relevant if this Extra Customization Setting is enabled.
- *Passport scan icon –The passport will be grey if no passport/id has been uploaded, green if it was uploaded, and red if they skipped the upload.
- *Lock icon – Click the lock icon to manually release access codes by sending the arrival message (via email. SMS, or Whatsapp). Once access codes have been released, automatically or manually, the lock will unlock and turn green.
- Lightning bolt icon – Quick actions to start chat, send a pre-check in email, or release codes by Arrival messages.
Other general columns that can be added to your View: Address, Room Number, City, Guest phone number, Agent, Check-In Date, Check-Out Date, Opt-In Marketing, Custom Questions, Note, External notes, External ID, Source Nickname, OTA external ID.
In this section, you will see all the scheduled departures for the selected date. The fields that can be added are the same as the arrivals, except for the unique fields relevant only to the section. The unique fields for Departures are below:
- Pre Check-Out – If the check-out process is complete, a green “Done” sticker will show. If the check-out is partially done, it will show as ‘Partially’. If the pre check-out has not been started, it will show the amount of reminder emails sent. If the reservation is missing the guest email or an invalid email address is listed, it will show ‘Invalid email’. If the room/rental is missing the street name, it will show 'Missing street'.’
- Check-Out/Estimated – The time that the guest will check-out of the room/rental.
- Staff – The rating the guest gave the staff on the Pre Check-Out review.
- Cleanliness – The rating the guest gave the cleanliness of the room/rental on the Pre Check-Out review.
- Room & Facilities/RentalScore – The grade the guest gave for the room/rental in general on the Pre Check-Out review.
- House icon – The house icon will be red if the guest left a comment about the property.
- Quote icon – The quote icon will be red if the guest left a comment after the rating.
- Lightning bolt icon – Clicking the icon will give you the option to start a chat with your guest or to manually send the Pre-Check Out email now. If your guest already filled the Pre Check-Out wizard, the icon will be transparent.
In this section, you will see all the cleanings assigned for the day. The system automatically creates a cleaning task on the same day and time as the check-out. The cleaning date and time can also be managed manually.
- Assign – The circle will be grey if no user has been assigned yet to be the cleaner for the reservation. Once assigned, the circle will be colored and the user will be listed.
- Date – Date of cleaning, which is based on check-out day.
- Time – Time of cleaning task, which is based on check-out hour.
- Next Check-In – The date of the next check-in to that room/rental.
- Next A/C/B – The number of Adults/children/babies in the next reservation.
- Notes for cleaner – Here you can add notes for the cleaner that is assigned to the task. Cleaners can also add to these notes.
In this section, a user can create general tasks for the day. By creating a task, the assigned team member or service provider will receive an email notification. When creating a new task, you can create a 'free text' task for a specific person, for a specific room, in order to give an extra information regarding a task for a room.
- Check mark – The check icon in the dotted circle will be grey until a user marks it as completed, then it show as green.
- Room/Rental – Name of room
- Assign – The team member or service provider assigned to the task. The initials of the team member assigned to the task will show and the circle will be colored.
- Name – Description of the task
- Due – Deadline with a specific date and time
- Lightning bolt icon – Option to send task reminder email to the team member or service provider.
In this section, all the tasks from all sections are shown. You can also see how many have been completed out of the total number for reach section for the day.
Click on the 3 dots icon to see the options regarding tasks. Here you can:
New Reservation - When clicking on "New Reservation", a new popup window will appear, where you need to add the reservation details. After you enter the following details, click on “Add”.
New Task - When clicking on "New Task" a new popup window will appear, where you need to add the task details. After the details are entered, click “Add”. New tasks are only added to "General Tasks".
Export - When clicking on Export (Excel) or Export (CSV), you can export all the tasks and your guests’ information in an excel file, which can be useful also for marketing purposes.
Hide completed - When clicking on "Hide Completed", all the completed tasks will be removed from view. To show the completed tasks again, click "Show Completed".
To assign a task to a user, click on the assign icon and select the user from the list.
For vacation rentals, if you would like a team member to be the default user assigned to a task (check-in, check-out, cleaning), you can assign them within the rental page.
In the Calendar View, you can view all the active rooms/rentals and the reservations for the month. This page can be filtered by ‘Today only’ with the check-in and check-outs of the day, or by month. There is also a search bar to search for specific room/rentals to view in the Calendar View.
Each reservation is shown as a time period block on the calendar. If the pre check-in is complete, the reservation booking will show as green, and the arrival time will be shown.
- A black dot will be shown on the day where a general task has been assigned on the Room/ Rental.
- An orange yield icon will show when a reservation is missing the guest email.
- A red or white question mark will show when a guest has not completed the pre check-in.
To access reservation information, click the room/rental block for the specified dates. There you will see reservation information, Pre Check-In information, as well as "Quick Access" to actions such as start a chat, go to the reservation page, release codes/hide codes, and send the Pre Check-in email.
Right click on the specific date on the calendar which is in line with the rental to open a dropdown to create a task or open a new reservation.
Shield - Security Deposit
Grey: Not taken
Gold: 3d secure
Red: Reauthentication failed // Money is not on hold
Dollar Sign - Guest Billing Payment for stay
Grey: before pre check-in
Gold: 3d secure
Key - Mobile keys
Grey: mobile key not supported
Partially Green: mobile key is allowed but not yet used
Full Green: Mobile key has been used
Credit Card - Required scan of credit card, green when scanned and uploaded
Passport - Required Documents
Grey: No passport received
Green: Passport Received
Red: Passport upload skipped. Pre check-In complete with no passport received
Lock - Access Code release, green once released
House - Feedback comment given in Pre Check-Out about the property
Quote - Feedback comment given after rating
Lightning Bolt - Quick Action icon
Orange Yield - Missing guest email
Red/White Question Mark - Guest has not completed Pre Check-In
Black Dot - General task assigned
That is it!