Duve customers can now connect their Salto KS account and pull access codes into Duve! To connect SaltoKS, please reach out to Duve's Support team.
Please note that this document details setup instructions only for SaltoKS Access Codes,
not for Mobile Keys. To setup the Online Keys integration, please see New! SaltoKS Online Keys.
Salto KS integration releases the codes depending on your configuration, so each user is created in Salto KS for the duration of their stay and any additional days before Check-in date. The access codes from Salto KS will appear on the guest's Reservation page in the 'Add Rental / Keybox Code' section of the Reservation.
The codes will only be released to the guest depending on your Access Codes settings and will only work on the door based on specific timeframes set in SaltoKS from the guest's Check-in to Checkout day. The Earliest time that the guest will be able to enter the room with the code will be either the guest's reported ETA or the earliest Check-in time set in the Duve account.
The codes in Salto KS are only active to guests from Check-in time until Checkout time which will match the timeframes listed in Salto KS.
Duve will release each user automatically in the Salto KS account 1 day after the guests' Checkout date at 12AM UTC time.
Releasing the user in the Salto KS account will delete the code in the guest's reservation and delete the user in case there is a limit of users in the Salto KS account.
Please note that all SaltoKS access codes will include a # in the code.
How to set it up?
Connect Salto KS to your Duve Account
First step - create a user for Duve in your Salto account. Go to People and click 'Invite' to create the new user.
Select the role as Site admin and the first 2 lock options will automatically select
Click 'Add user' to finish the user setup.
Finding your SITE ID
The Salto KS SITE ID is required to continue the setup of your account in Duve, Go to Site > Site Details and copy your SITE ID ➝
Take the SITE ID and proceed to your Duve account to finish the setup.
Setup in Duve
First step - go to "Advanced" and select "Salto KS" from the dropdown. To finish the connection, add the Site ID from the Salto KS account and Click Add.
Once you add the key you can see the setup in the Salto KS page
Automating your Salto KS Access Codes
The Key Release Automation can be configured based on Reservation Status or the Number of Days Before Check-in Day ➝
Days Before Check-in:
- The Maximum number of days before Check-in where the key can be released is 5 days before Check-in date.
Set padding for the guest's access to their rooms by adjusting the timeframe for the key to be activated -
Select the time frame for when the access code will be active.
Select from 1 up to 5 hours. The time frame can be set only in whole hours and will be the same amount of extra time for both before and after the stay. Adding this setting will adjust the access time frames in the Duve account.
Set up for Each Room
1. Each Door must be allocated to a Door Category after sync
- Each Door connected to a Room must be listed as Guest Door
- To Allow Common Door Access, the door must be listed as Common Door/Entrance
2. Each Door can be configured for a specific time frame
- To do this, uncheck 24 hours and set the desired time frame
- Ex. Pool Hours are from 9AM-9PM, so the time frame needs to be configured in Duve on the Door.
Allow Common Doors
Add any common Doors under 'Allow all guests the keys' to allow the extra access to all guests
To add a door to a specific rental, you may assign it by tags ➝
Go to the Rooms/ Rentals page
in your Duve account and go into each Room/ Rental and assign each key to the corresponding Room under Key Provider.
- When the key is saved, the field will be marked in blue.
Done! Your guests will now be able to access their access codes from their Guest App!
- Once there is a connection between Duve and Salto KS, all the doors will appear as a list in Duve.
- If you would like to add or remove any doors from Duve, you need to remove the connectivity and create the connection again.
- If a Room Allocation has been changed after the codes are released in the account, the key must be revoked and released from the Reservation page
- Last Minute Reservations - When a reservation is added into Duve, immediately enable the key in the Tasks page to create the user in Salto KS. The keycode will sync no more than 5 minutes after the button has been pressed.
- If a host has implemented the timeframes buffer & the guest has self reported an ETA for a specific time which is bigger than the buffer time, the buffer time will be ignored.
- Group Reservations - Each sub reservation in Duve will have a unique code added on the Reservation level. Duve's automated Arrival messaging is set up so that the codes will only release automatically to the main reservation. All communication of codes to the sub reservations has to be handled manually by the Host.
- Reservation Extensions - If the Reservation is extended or the Reservation dates are changed within the PMS, the codes must be revoked and reallowed on the Reservation (after Check-in date)