Duve is delighted to announce its latest partnership with Onity, a global frontrunner in electronic locking systems, and access controls. This new collaboration aspires to elevate the guest experience by furnishing hosts with cutting-edge mobile key solutions.
Duve Supports all Onity versions that support direct keys.
The primary objective behind this integration is to equip hosts with an interface to communicate with Onity locks, enabling the generation and transmission of secure access credentials effortlessly.
Onity integration releases the mobile keys depending on your configuration of Reservation status in the account settings. Guests will only be able to open and view their keys according to the location of the phone in relation to the bluetooth connection of the door lock.
The Mobile Key will only work on the door from the guest's Check-in to Checkout day. The Earliest time that the guest will be able to enter the room depends on the time that the Reservation status is changed in the PMS and synced to Duve.
Guests will be required to download a Native App to their phones in order to use the mobile keys. When guests receive the notification that the key is ready, they will be lead to the page in the Guest App titled 'Room Key' where they will see their Room key and any common doors that are available to their reservation.
How to set it up
To start the setup of Onity, please contact Duve Support. You will receive an agent to download to the Onity server to allow Duve access to the rooms.
Note: Only the Admin user of the Onity server can complete this process.
- After you receive the Agent, open the file on the computer with the Keys Server and you will see 4 items.
- Click the last file named ‘install.bat’ in order to download the Duve agent
- Then a pop-up will open depending if you’re an Admin on the current computer
- Click yes to install the agent
- Then a black window with the summary will be opened
- If the operation is completed successfully, you will see the Success message. Once you see the Success message, you can close it and you’re done!
In case, you do not see 'operation completed successfully' please reach out to Duve Support with a screenshot of the window that you see.
Add the Credentials to Duve
Go to Settings > Advanced > Key Providers and add Onity as a new Key Provider
- Enter the Username and Password (as created for the system manager operator)
- Enter https://localhost:9090 for the Server’s IP/DNS
- Enter the Owner ID which was provided by Onity when creating the account
- Select the Duve Agent for the Remote Node ID
Click Add and the screen will refresh with an Onity connection.
Complete the Connection
All the doors that are activated with reservations when you sync the keys will be synced automatically
In case you have doors that were added after you added Onity integration, you can add them on the top right - 'Add key'
Go to the Rooms/ Rentals page in your Duve account and go into each Room/ Rental and assign each key to the corresponding Room under Key Provider.
When the key is confirmed, the field will be green.
Click Save. Done! Your guests will now be able to access their room key from their Guest App!
The Guest Experience
When the guest's reservation status matches the Settings, the guest will be able to see the 'Room Key' icon
Then, a list with all of the doors the guest has access to will appear ➝
To open the door, the guest must be within 50 meters of the door. Click 'Open' ➝
Within a few seconds, the door will be opened.
The guest can open and close the door from the application to ensure the door is closed.
If there are any errors in opening the door,