One of Duve's features is the ability to have the guest select one of 17 languages (Duve will continue to add more languages) for all the content to be automatically translated into that language. On the host side, you can select which languages you would like available to your guests as well as having the ability to manually translate any language yourself.
The main settings for the language translations for your account are found in the Content Translations Page in General Settings.
Limit Guest languages
- To limit the languages visible to guests select from the available list
- The languages selected and listed in blue will be the only languages available to the guests
- In the GuestApp, in the menu, the guests will have the ability to select their language from the available list
- If no languages added to limits, all 17 languages will be available to select
- The original text language of your content. The translations will be taken from this Original Text language and translate into the other languages
- For example: if your Original Language is English, all of your content written in Original Text will be translated from English into the other languages
Manually Managed Languages
- If you would like to manually manage a language, so that it is not automatically translated, you select it here
- You will see in the content text boxes that the box oof the selected language will not update when you select "Translate", so that you can write your own translation
- For example: A hotel in Miami would like to write their GuestApp original text in English, but they do not want the Spanish to be automatically translated because they have many Spanish speaking guests. They would like to perfect the all the text in Spanish themselves, to make sure the nuances of the language are correct. But for French and Japanese, it is less common, and they do not have an in-house native speaker, so the automatic translation is sufficient.
Guest Language Default
- The default language for a guest is selected first based on their Nationality received from the PMS, or secondly, the country code of their phone number listed.
- If this country's language is not recognized as one of the languages listed in Duve, you can select a default here.
- If a guest's default language is recognized by Duve as one of the 17, but it is not added to the list of available languages, you can select a default.
- This option will only show if available guest languages are limited.
- Content that is available to be translated automatically/manually will be shown with this "Translate" section
- Original Text is the language that the content is written in
- All the automatic translations will be based off of the Original Text translation
- "Translate" must be clicked, before saving, after updating content in original text. If not, your updated content will not be translated into the other languages, meaning that your guests will see an older version.
- You can check what the translations look like (after clicking the orange "Translate") by selecting the drop down menu from Original Text and selecting another language, like English or French, for example.