Group reservations are a common and valuable opportunity for you to reach a larger audience and Boost Duve's impact. However, there are some limitations with the current system that need to be considered to make the most of these reservations.
- Duve can not automatically contact all the guests on the reservations besides the main booker.
To overcome these limitations and make the most of group reservations, we recommend that all hospitality types can implement some new workflows to give as many guests as possible access to Duve and a personalized guest app.
- Contact the agent or organizer in advance and provide them with a link to the Online Check-in portal. Request that they distribute the unique reservation numbers to each room, so they can log in and start the online check-in process. This will also give the hotel an opportunity to offer upsells and other value-added services.
- Provide an iPad at reception for guests to complete their Check-in process upon arrival (on the spot).
- Request guest contact details from the organizer in advance and manually update each guest's information in your PMS. Once they are pushed to Duve, the system will prompt them to begin the online check-in.
- If the link to the Online check-in portal cannot be sent in advance, the hotel can still provide the link by a PreScheduled message to each guest scheduled to send once they arrive to complete their online check-in process.
By following these steps, hotels can maximize the potential of group reservations and provide a seamless and efficient check-in experience for all guests.